Motherhood is one of the most precious aspects of a woman’s life. It is considered a significant milestone for most women. Every stage of motherhood, right from the beginning of conception to delivery, holds unique importance. At this phase of life, having the right type of support is necessary. While support from family and friends is needed, they are not enough. Every expecting mother needs personal clinical care. In this article, Dr. Aruna Kalra, a leading obstetrician in Gurgaon, gives some top tips to find the best maternity center.
Dr. Aruna Kalra can be consulted at the CK Birla Hospital, the best maternity hospital in Gurgaon.
Table of Contents
How do I find the best maternity center?
Today, expecting mothers are offered with a wide variety of hospitals and doctors to choose from. However, your prenatal care is very specific and requires assistance from only the best. So how to choose the right maternity unit for the medical care of you and your child.
Here are some expert-advised tips you can follow to make the right choice:
- Consider the hospital’s distance from home – There may be times during your pregnancy when you require urgent medical care. As your pregnancy grows, you may also feel uncomfortable travelling long distances. Choosing a hospital that is very far from where you reside can be a problem. You should select a top-tier maternal centre that is located nearby your place.
- Pain relief measures during birth – You should examine how a certain hospital takes care of the process of childbirth. You should ask the staff about the kind of labor pain relief measures they may offer. The CK Birla Hospital, the best maternity hospital in Gurgaon, is the only center in North India that offers the option of water birthing.
- Facilities – Before choosing the right maternity center, you should thoroughly see the type of additional facilities offered by the hospital. Besides medical services, you may fall in need of emergency visits, medicines, and more. You should select a hospital that has an in-house pharmacy, personalized store for maternal needs (for yourself and your baby), round-the-clock ambulance, and blood bank.
- Feedback from other moms – You can benefit from the experience of other moms. While deciding on a maternity hospital, try to read as many reviews from other patients. You can also use the reference of mothers you know in person. Your references may also help you in understanding the pros and cons of a specific maternal hospital.
- Safety measures from COVID – You should also consider how protected you and your child are protected from the infamous COVID 19. The spread of coronavirus can be easily tracked. It is important to safeguard yourself and minimize your risk of getting this virus. You should confirm that precautionary measures are being taken at the hospital. You should check the sanitizing practices and overall hygiene maintenance of the facility.
- Maternity experts – Your fitness during pregnancy is partially the responsibility of your maternal care team. While choosing the right hospital, make sure to know that they have a fully equipped team to handle your pregnancy care. You should check the backgrounds and profiles of the specialty doctors, nursing team, and assisting staff.
- Vaccination schedule – You and your infant would require a number of vaccinations through the course of pregnancy. It is important to ensure that the chosen hospital has the facility to offer all vaccinations timely and safely.
- Budget – Your maternal care should only be a matter of happiness. You should avoid extravagant hospitals that may your journey stressful with monetary pressures. You should discuss the estimated cost of your complete maternal care before deciding your preferred hospital.
You can avail maximum benefits during your pregnancy and post-birth at the CK Birla Hospital, the best maternity hospital in Gurgaon.
For more guidance on pregnancy care, you can consult with Dr. Aruna Klara, the best obstetrician in Gurgaon.